Friday, July 11, 2008

Japan is Getting Really Close all of a Sudden.

Hi all!

So, it's 2 weeks to go now. One more week at my job... it's suddenly getting a little scary.

Good news today: I finally found out what school I am going to be teaching at and have had it confirmed that I will also be teaching at least one primary school during the week. Also, my apartment comes with an air conditioning and heating unit in the wall. Huzzah!!!! A/C, exactly what I've been wishing for!!!!

Bad news today: My apartment doesn't come with furniture, appliances or fridge.... doom on a stick! How am I going to cool the NZ Pinot Gris that I intend to buy at Duty Free when I get there?! It should be all good, the current JETs that are there are going to do their best to organise stuff for us then bring on the One Hundred Yen store I get to decorate my own place that I have all to myself!! (There are other JETs in the building though, just that the apartment is all mine.) YAY!!! There's always a sliver lining.

Reality is hitting and it's hitting hard but that's ok. I'm going to make the most over the next couple of weeks by hanging out with as many people as possible but getting as much rest as possible at the same time.

Speaking of, I have emails to send...

More posts later in the week etc as I work on getting myself organised for leaving.

1 comment:

Geckomayhem said...

Ino, can you believe that it's only two more weeks till we go? :o I'm totally excited :p

Sounds like you've got it good with the whole A/C in the apartment gig. I should find out as much as I can about my own place (I know for one that all the appliances have been provided and rent will be ~$180/mth -- so cheap!), and the schools I'll be teaching at (four schools afaik) but I really don't care that much about living conditions or how difficult something might be. From all accounts, things for me sound pretty sweet and I just hope that the same rings true for all other Wellington JETers XD

Take it as it comes, cuz it's all good -- that's my policy ><

Tim