Friday, July 18, 2008

Last Day at my job.... 8 days to go till Japan!!

Hi Everyone!

So, today is my last day at my job where I've been doing admin type/data entry type/stress reduction type work.

It's 1130 and the girls have already made me cry twice!!!! I've only been at work 3 hours, 6 to go... sheesh!!!

We had a morning tea of springrolls ('springies'!) and lolly cake and other assorted tasty slices, how I love those springies and lolly cake. I have to get my mother to send me a recipe and the necessary ingredients for lolly cake when I'm in Japan so that I can introduce the American JETs to the wonders of lolly cake!! Then once we degreased our fingers from the springies the girls gave me a couple of presents, a soft toy kiwi (whom I have named Kiwi-san) and a Pikorua (Double Twist) bone carving necklace with a couple of pieces of paua on it. The double twist 'depicts two new shoots growing together - representing the joining of cultures, the bonding of friendship'. So appropriate! I have to thank Big Foote ('Auntie') and Little Foote for choosing them, so thoughtful those Feete girls.

I've had lots of fun and learned a lot at my work over the last 5 and a half months and will be sad to leave to go work at Shikino JHS but Japan is a new adventure as is every step that I take in my life.

I'll add photos of the card, the kiwi and the carving later when I have my camera and can take photos. Lol.

**Rae**

P.S. Congratulations Jane and Andy!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

No comments: