Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hontto ni Samui! (Crap it's cold!)

Haro Everybody!

So, this weekend it has snowed, it has rained and it has sunned/been sunny.

I claim this is because I managed to miss my friends' graduations from Medical School and Dental School and the wedding of a friend. All of which was in Dunedin New Zealand this weekend.

However, all is not lost, I sat the 3rd Grade (ie 2nd from the bottom) of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test and was finished the grammar section so early I had time to have a 20 minute nap (I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing but we shall see in February when I either get a certificate saying that I know stuff or not).

The snow was big and pretty and fun and a pain in the bum. I loved it but I am kind of glad that it's gone also because it means I don't have to confine myself to my apartment. Not that I actually did confine myself to my apartment.

On Saturday, when I should have been doing ye olde day before cramming, I went to a "Mochi Tsuki" at one of the elementary schools I work at and pounded the stuffing out of some rice. And then got to eat said pounded rice in cake form. I was soooo happy, especially when I got given one that was still hot! :)

So yeah, I am really enjoying myself at the moment but am also sad that I missed stuff back home. Oh well, no regrets right?

I hope all is well with you and that I can make this thing work to add some photos shortly.

Raewyn

No comments: