Monday, January 4, 2010

New Zealand is more beautiful than I remember.

Hi all,

Happy New Year!!!

I'm in New Zealand at the moment and have been for the past 15 days. It's been fantastic!!!

Over the course of the last two weeks I've been reminded of how beautiful New Zealand is. Even Auckland, where I grew up and get horribly stressed out living for long periods of time, is spectacular. When the rain isn't hosing down down from the sky in Auckland it is amazing.

A friend of mine came and stayed at my parents' house during Christmas week and helped me open my eyes to how cool it can be. Auckland has sooo many beaches and so many free things to do that I had just completely forgotten about. Perhaps because the last time I spent any decent amount of time in Auckland I was still a self absorbed, must be entertained at all times, outdoors hating teenager, I had completely shunned Auckland and the stereotypical "Aucklander". However, I can now see Auckland as the spectacular part of the world that it is. I still don't want to live in Auckland but do think it's a really awesome place to visit. We went to a different beach every day and ate really tasty fish and chips almost every day for lunch, too. It was great!

The Coromandel, too, is really beautiful. I went down there with my dad to have lunch at my uncle's house and visit my grandparents' grave. It was a really lovely trip down here and I was once again reminded of how beautiful New Zealand can be.

In the week leading up to New Year I went to Wellington and stayed with my friend for a few days while I caught up with a whole bunch of people and reminded myself of why I love Wellington. It's just so chilled out there. The weather was great when I was there too (lucky!!!). Wellington has a really awesome culture and is remarkably easy to get around. It's definitely a part of the world that I want to live in!

The past few days I've managed to catch up with a few friends in Auckland and bought some things that I've been meaning to buy for quite some time. Am now all prepared to go back to Japan first thing in the morning.

I've really enjoyed my trip. Everyone I've spent time with has impacted me in a positive way and I feel like it's been important to spend time with each and every person that I've seen. I want to thank everyone for that. I feel as though this trip has sorted out a lot for me and I plan to make the rest of my time in Japan as awesome as this trip has been too.

And here's the photos!!!


Now, to get back to Japan, pay off the credit card, pay my parents back and start saving for what will probably be my return to NZ in late August 2010.

Have fun everyone!

Raewyn

1 comment:

Little Miss Good Time said...

You go girl. Glad you had an awesome time and have made your decision to go back. Luv Big Sis.