Tuesday, July 21, 2009

London is BUSY!!

So, I've been in London a little over a week now and have done a heck of a lot. However, it is incredibly busy. Busy both in terms of what I've been up to and in terms of the number of people that are around London at that this time of year. The weather is nice so it's tourist season. There are people everywhere!

It's been busy almost everywhere I've been. Last week I went to The Tower of London; Tower Bridge; St Pauls Cathedral; The Winston Churchill Museum and Cabinet War Rooms; The Florence Nightengale Museum; The Globe Theatre Exhibition and Hampton Court. The only 2 places that weren't busy were The Florence Nightengale Museum and Hampton Court. In saying that everything was amazing and it was fantastic being in these places where so much has happened that has influenced the way we live today. Be that influence on architecture, lifestyle, language or just plain freedom; London and the places nearby is a place that is full of influence. It has and will be for centuries and it's amazing to see the places where that influence has been formed or played out.

Last Thursday I was in Paris for the day. It was also busy, so I rushed around and did what I needed to do then came back to London. I saw the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo, Le Arc du Triumph, Notre Dame, Le Trocadero and The Eifel Tower. I went by Eurostar so I also saw some of the French countryside by train. It looks really cool.

Friday I got my haircut, shopped, shopped, shopped, had an NZ style coffee, shopped some more, then went to a show. Priscilla was awesome. Drag queens, music, dancing, fantabulous. We had crappy seats but that's ok because the music was actually fantastic anyway and so long as we could see the shoe.... I was happy.

Since then I've had a few relaxing days. We went to Oxford to catch up with a friend for the day on Saturday. We went punting and checked out a science museum there. Sunday was just a chilled out day. Went and saw a movie but wished we hadn't. That movie should not be allowed to screen in theaters... eeeeew. Bruno was one of the worst movies I have ever seen!

Yesterday it was back to walking in the footsteps of historical figures in Greenwich and at the Bank of England Museum. I stood one foot in the eastern hemisphere and one foot in the west. I held a gold bar. I saw the clock that made navigation possible and enjoyed spending the day with my sister's boyfriend.

I've been having loads of fun and have a busy day planned so I am off to eat my breakfast now. :D

No comments: